Sunday, October 6, 2013

Practice Makes Perfect

I have held a baby a few times here and there. I babysat with my sister when we were younger. But nothing could have prepared me for having a baby the way becoming an aunt has. The first time i held my Bug we had an immediate bond.
She immediately stole my heart. So much in fact that I hope when my sis has another baby I feel the same connection. I love this little girl so much that I worry about that. I loved going home to help my sis with her. Every time I was around I was the only one who could change her diaper. I live 2 hours away from them and it is torture on my heart. 
I made as many trips home as I could. I couldn't go very long without seeing her. My sis and I are super close so I'm sure that helped facilitate the bond and love I feel for my Bug.
My bug is now 2 years old. When she calls to sing me a song, tell me about Miss Tracy, or tell me about going potty it is one of the best parts of my day. I take my job as her aunt LeLe very seriously. I owe her so much for helping me prepare for my own child.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment