Saturday, October 5, 2013

3rd Times a Charm

In the last 5 years I have tried writing a blog 2 other times before, from weight loss to teaching. I'm now 8 1/2 months pregnant and just got put on bed rest so I figured no better time than the present to try just one more time. 

My life was 100% different than the last time I was on blogger. I was single, living in a 1 bedroom apt in a much smaller town, going out every weekend with my friends, and more importantly spending my money on shoes, handbags, and clothes. That was 2009. 
I use to take a lot of selfies! 


Fast forward to July 2012 I met my hubby. After our first date I knew I would marry him.  *puke* We dated for 4 months before he moved in.  


In December I decided to buy a house. I signed my name and he did all the heavy lifting. In January 2013 he surprised me by asking me to marry him. Ok, so there was no surprise. To be honest there was no grand proposal. He didn't create a flash mob, no sky writing, and definitely no scoreboard. We have been discussing marriage since month 3. He walked in our front door of our house and sat down. He told me he forgot something in the glove compartment and asked if I could go get it. When I got to the truck I immediately knew what was in the box. I ran back to the house. Im pretty sure it was the fastest i ever ran. Dr. Ryan would have been impressed. Hey, I'm still a woman who loves jewelry!  

When I got back to the front door he was standing and waiting for me. He said,
"I love you. You are my best friend. Will you marry me?" Was it a long speech?
No! Did he recite a love poem? No! But what else was there to say? It's all I needed to hear. I was just as excited as the girl who had a flash mob performed for her. 

If you think our proposal was relaxed wait until you hear about our wedding. We flew to Vegas and got married at The Little White Wedding Chapel. No white dress, no fancy tux, no big reception...we hung by the pool, gambled, and ate a lot! *I was also 5 months pregnant. It was a really fun and HOT vacation! 


DH (darling hubby) and I have always wanted a marriage. To us, everything else is just fluff! Some people need it and want it and we don't. Neither is right or wrong just a matter of opinion. 

So you might notice a slight *ugh* weight gain between pictures. I was 5 months pregnant when we tied the knot. We found out I was pregnant February 2013. The countdown is now on...39 days until BB (baby boy) is here. Since I'm on bed rest, many more posts will be written on the fun times I have had being pregnant.




















No comments:

Post a Comment