Sunday, January 19, 2014

To My Husband


Thank you Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

*Thank you for making it possible for my husband and I to be together.
*Thank you for making it possible to marry the love of my life. (Kansas never had a law against it but so many other states did.) 
*Thank you for showing people that love is the only way.
*Thank you for allowing my son to one day go to a school with people of all colors.
*Thank you for teaching us "to judge not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."-MLK

I Have a Dream...
*i have a dream that one day C and I can see more smiles from the strangers that we meet instead of glares and eye rolls that we are often greeted with. 
*i have a dream that no one will use the word disgusting when describing our marriage
*i have a dream that my son will never be called one of the insulting names that they refer to children of interracial couples.
*i have a dream that our girls will remember that love is the most important thing in a marriage and not race.
*i have a dream that our daughters and son will remember that their parents taught them tolerance of others.

To my husband....
Thank you for never seeing the color of my skin.
Thank you for never letting the opinions of others deter you from loving me. 
Thank you for going along with me and pretending we didn't hear the mean comments from others. Thank you for marrying me. 
Thank you for giving me a beautiful baby boy. 
Thank you for making me a step mother to two beautiful daughters. 
Thank you for being my best friend. 
Thank you for bringing me closer to God. 
Thank you for listening to my needs and working your hardest to meet them.
Thank you for being the best father to our children!
Thank you for being you!



3 comments:

  1. Liz, you are truly blessed! C is a great guy and I'm so glad you are happy and that he is a part of our family! And Baby E ~ adorable! I certainly hope to one day meet those two darling daughters also! Have a double dimple smile of a day!!! JKO

    ReplyDelete