Monday, January 6, 2014

I Hate Goodbyes!

I made it through my first day back to work since October 4. It was so good to see all my coworkers. I really missed being at work.To be honest i was really dreading it. 

Getting myself to school was the hardest part...

Before Drop Off:
If you know me you know I'm sensitive, sentimental, and emotional. I was drinking my coffee and was watching my sweet boy in his swing. I just started bawling. I never knew I could love something so much. I didn't want to be away from him. I just knew that it was going to be a terrible day. Big E knew it too.

Drop off:
Miss A met us at the door. I fed him, snuggled him, and gave him lots of kisses. Before I left, she surprised me with a gift card to go buy myself a cup of coffee to cheer me up. Miss A is awesome. She is actually a para at my school but since she didn't have to report today she looked after Baby E. His actual babysitter can't watch him this week so Miss A's mom is kind enough to keep him. 

Drive in to work:
My sis called to see how I was doing. The whole 15 minute drive she told me funny stories about my crazy niece. It helped...no tears. My favorite...L was fighting with the dog! Hilarious!!

At work:
Walking in everyone greeted me with open arms. It had been 3 months since I had seen everyone. I immediately got to work so I wouldn't focus on missing my baby. Miss A sent a few pictures through out the day. Which was a welcomed treat! 
Waking up long enough to give Miss A a stinky treat.

 Sucking his thumb.

Happy boy!

After work:
I couldn't drive fast enough. *Don't worry mom I followed the speed limit. As soon as I got there it was much like drop off. I fed him, snuggled him, and kissed him all over. I was so glad to see that sweet face.  I don't even think Baby E knew I was gone. Thanks to my husband, son, friends, and family I think I will make it through.
Together again! 









3 comments:

  1. And you both look pretty darn happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you BOTH had a good day! Love seeing that little guy laying on a darling quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! that last photo is adorable and I agree, you both look pretty darn happy! glad that all went well......did I mention....this will NOT be the only day you will bawl......every "first" will bring tears, mainly tears of joy! :) JKO

    ReplyDelete